I’m working on this excel file for professional purposes where I need to create a function that runs through two different
columns in a Table A, and compare it with cells in a column in Table B, then returns data from another column in Table B.
If you’re starting to feel somehow dizzy, I will try to put it in a simple way.
What do we already
1. Table A that has a buyer_id column, and a seller_id column.
2. Table B that has a client_id column and a client_name column.
3. Table C, where the function should be inserted to return the client’s name.
What is needed to be done?
Insert a function in Table C that does the following:
1. Check the buyer_id and seller_id in table A.
2. Check client_id in Table B.
3. Find matches between client_id and the other two columns seller_id, buyer_id, if there are ones.
4. If a match is found, then return the corresponding client_name from Table B.
5. Else, return FALSE.
I have came up with a certain formula of “ifs” and “ors”, but the problem was that this
formula compares only cells belong to the same row, i.e. cell A1 in Table A with cell A1 in Table B. where it is highly
likely for cell A1 in Table A to match cell A16 in Table B.
Is there anyone in here who can lend me a hand in this
Thanks in advance.