In writing VBA code for an Excel Application, the following problem has
The command, "Application.Calculate", does not always update or recalculate
the formulas in the cells of the workbook.
To compound this problem the users of the Excel Application are
several different versions of Excel and VBA. VBA code will need to check
the version of Excel and VBA before executing a command (i.e. using
Application.Version and Application.VBE.Version)
Present documentation shows the following:
* F9 - recalculates all of the data in the open workbooks
* Shift+F9 - only calculates data in the specified worksheet
* Ctrl+Alt+F9 - Forces a full calculation of the data in all of the open
* Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F9 - Forces a full calculation of the data in all of the
open workbooks after checking the dependencies between formulas
The following information is needed:
* What is the best way to handle this issue over the various versions of
Excel (backward compatibility)?
* What version of Excel and VBA correspond to the previous commands (i.e.
Application.CalculateFullRebuild was introduced in Excel 2003 or Excel
Version 11, VBA Version ??).